1. ROOT or BASE CHAKRA (Muladhara) – This chakra symbol represents the most earth-centered energy. It stands for our inherited beliefs through our formative years. A healthy root chakra connects you with vitality to your family of origin, your immediate society and to the global community.
2. SACRAL/NAVAL CHAKRA (Svadhisthana) – The second from the bottom of the seven chakras is about our relationships, creativity, sexuality, control and money.
3. SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA (Manipura) – This chakra symbol connects us with the energy to take action and is the seat of self-esteem and expressing our personal power. Our relationship to the world around us, and our beliefs about our place within it come from this the third of the seven chakras.
4. HEART CHAKRA (Anahata) – “Love-Wisdom” The heart chakra is the integration point for the seven chakras of the body, because it holds the sacred spark of the divine and the intuition of the Mother.When the heart chakra symbol is open, we are able to forgive, our lungs are clear and our immune systems are healthy.
5. THROAT CHAKRA (Vissudha) –This chakra symbol is all about choice, willpower and the right to speak and be heard.
6. THIRD EYE (Ajna) – Our intuition and our ability to see with vision comes from here. It’s the center of divine wisdom, the spiritual eye that seeks to see and know the truth in all things. From the sixth of the seven chakra symbols we close our physical eyes and look at the world from all aspects of self. Our intuition becomes our guide.
7. CROWN CHAKRA (Sahasrara) – This chakra is located at the top of the head and spins very quickly as a 1000 petal lotus…our direct connection to God. Guidance comes directly to us from the divine and is received through this chakra.